Glasgow Harvest was developed by NVA as part of the SAGE strategy to celebrate local food production and bring people together to enjoy the fruits of their labour. The vision from the beginning has been to create a model of celebration that community groups could develop and deliver for themselves.
For more information about the 2010 and 2011 Glasgow Harvest celebrations, including images and videos, please go to www.nva.org.uk
This year, we would like to encourage community growers, allotment groups and local food enthusiasts to organise their own food celebrations with the support of the Glasgow Harvest Toolkit which can be downloaded for free from the Resources section of the SAGE website.
The Toolkit is designed for community groups who are growing their own food and would like to hold a public event to celebrate their harvest. It offers practical guidance on event planning that is relevant to gardening projects, allotments, schools, resident’s groups and community food organisations. The toolkit is based upon NVA’s experience of delivering Glasgow Harvest celebrations in community gardens in 2010 and 2011.
Being part of Glasgow Harvest
We would like as many groups as possible to organise their own local food celebrations under the Glasgow Harvest banner. We are happy for each event to be completely unique and meet the needs of your local community. The Glasgow Harvest Toolkit aims to offer some suggestions and guidance but ultimately it is up to you to determine what kind of food celebration you wish to have.
What we can offer:
• Free use of the Glasgow Harvest Toolkit to help in planning your event
• Free use of the Glasgow Harvest logo
• Access to an editable version of the Glasgow Harvest poster which allows you to insert your own event details into it
• A one-off support session to troubleshoot any issues you may experience in planning your event
• A networking session for groups to share ideas and provide peer support to each other during the event planning stages (depending on demand)
What we expect from you:
• That your event has community benefits and celebrates locally grown seasonal food
• That you register your event details on the SAGE website
• That you provide us with feedback after your event (by completing a short questionnaire)
• That you provide some images from your event
For information about booking a support session please email email@example.com or telephone 0141 332 9911
To download the Glasgow Harvest toolkit, click here to log in to the Resources pages.